Nizhonii was watching Roxy while we
were riding the horses.
___________________________
Bre and Makaeli. How cute are their boots
________________________________
Lee guiding the little ones, while Leilani
riding by their side.
________________________________
Leilani riding Poncho
________________________________
Me and Lee
________________________________
The real cowboy!
________________________________
The horse starting to run w/ Deezh
________________________________
Deezh riding on her own
________________________________
Deezh all smiles on Gentle Giant
________________________________
Back on Feb. 22 we were at my mother-in-laws. Deezh (my sister-in-law) and her family were there also. All the girls wanted to ride the horses so Lee saddled the horses up and took the girls horse back riding. They sure love to ride the horses. I usually don't go down to the horse corral, and usually don't like to watch my girls go down there cause they do things that I would tell them "NO!" Example: Walk into the horse coral to pet the horses (I just get sooo nervous).
Anyways I was quite surprised when I saw Leilani and Nizhonii riding the horses all by themselves. They are on one horse and Lee is on another horse and they just follow him where ever he goes. (I do remember a time when Leilani fell off the horse and she was hurting for a week - just about)- that is what makes me nervous. But they love to ride horses and who am I to stop them. They need to have a little fun in their lives.
Well, Deezh was riding the horse, when the girls were taking a break, and it was funny cause the horse she was on started to run. (Deezh is like me and we hardly ride the horses). You can totally tell that she freaked out a little. (I would have done the same). After she got off the horse I was telling Deezh to ride with me. LOL, She didn't want to get back on the horse.
So it was my turn.... Oh, when I got on the horse I was nervous too. The funny thing is I always use to ride horses back in high school with some friends. We would seriously make the horses sprint. (but, who's kidding, that was A LONG time ago). So I only rode the horse for about 10 minutes and the next day I was sore. LOL... The horse only trotted too.
I give props to my girls! They are brave and they love animals. They do things that I wouldn't and I love them for that. They show me they can do things that I don't think they can cause I still think of them as my "little" girls. I guess I don't want them to grow up, but I got to face it sooner or later.... that they will grow up FAST!! Girls I love you and keep doing what you love! I'm just being an overprotective mother. (who wouldn't?)

No comments:
Post a Comment