Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cook Out

My sister-in-law and I got our family together to have a cook-out at Devil's Canyon. It was fun! To tell you the truth the last time I've been to Devil's Canyon has been about 17-18 years ago, and the sad thing is, is Devil's Canyon is just about 15 miles from my house. I remember the times when my family use to get together and have a cook-out often at Devil's Canyon. Those were fun times. But now that I have my own family, it was fun taking my girls to Devil's Canyon and cook-out there. We made hobo dinners. It was different but good!! Of course we roasted marshmellows and made smores.

When I was trying to get my hobo dinner into the coal/fire I couldn't hear my girls. So I walked around looking for them. (I'm the kind of mother that is over-protective, which my girls don't like) Anyways, they were walking around exploring the area. When I found them they had climbed down a little cliff. (repeat little one). And of course I told them, to come back to the group and don't wonder off to far.

Here are a couple of pictures of our cook-out and my girls wondering off. LOL!


Cooking our hobo dinners. We forgot to bring long tongs to turn the hobo dinners so we had to use sticks.


Leilani trying to hide behind the rock, but I got a picture of her.




Nizhonii of course was the first one down the canyon, and yet she looks innocent.




Makaeli standing at the top of the little cliff watching her sisters.

Our hobo dinners were good!!!

No comments: